New Year's resolutions

My name is Morgan, and I'm a knitter, sewer, designer, visual artist, singer/songwriter, occasional writer, and visual effects nerd. I've been making for a while, but it's always been in random bursts and in different ways. I'll knit for a month, then I won't do anything for a while, then I start sewing. What I want to change this year is my consistency and what I show the outside world.

This blog is to create a kind of amalgamation of the things I create. While they can also be seen on my Patreon or my art Mastodon, I figured it would be nice to do some writings about what I do. I may even post some patterns and tutorials--it'll depend on how much material I have for Patreon.

Therefore, my New Years' resolutions are as follows:

  1. Knit and otherwise create when I can, rather than just when I have to.
  2. Blog about all of the creative things I do.
  3. Stock up my store with handmade items over the course of the year, so next holiday season I have stuff to sell without having to worry about the timing.
  4. Learn at least one new skill.
Number 4 will be pretty easy, as I'm taking a jewelry making course next semester (and that's something that I don't yet know how to do). I'm also sure I'll be able to make a bunch of 3d printed things, because a) next semester I'm also taking the next step of the 3d printing course I took last semester (where I learned how to actually use my 3d printer I have at home) and b) I have my 3d printer with me and functional now, and in the fall I'll be able to have it in my house but in another room, so I can actually print stuff overnight without annoying the hell out of me and my spouse.

Another plan that will help with number 3 is to make a bunch of Christmas ornaments over the course of the year. My fiancee and I will (hopefully) be moving into our own place in the fall after getting married in the summer, and if so this will be the first year we have a Christmas tree of our own not shared with an entire family with its own history and ornaments. My plan is to make ornaments to cover our tree for Christmas 2023, and put them up on my store so they slowly whittle away over the years as we collect our own, more personal ornaments. Of course, there's also the slight chance that all of them are bought up quickly, but I'd be okay with that too because, well, money.

I might post about these soon, but I might wait until it comes back to holiday season. Either way, I have plenty of other plans for knitting that I can talk about here. This is just a starter post to reintroduce myself to blogging and to make my plans clear and give myself some accountability to follow them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The chronicles of trying to restore my old laptop

Git should be used for things that Git was not intended for

FOSSifying my home | Project One: Media Center (Planning)